Monday, April 2, 2012

Blow out your stash

That's the name of six new member challenges running on the Studio Calico forum during April. Right here! Challenge number one is to create something with your oldest Studio Calico kit. Mine is Mind the gap. Paper Moon was my first, but I've already killed that one. Here's what I made:



My daughter has a game she plays when we walk home from pre-school. She runs around reaching for lampposts and tree branches. At 3 ft tall she usually doesn't stand a chance, but when she saw this birch tree with low hanging branches she ran straight to it.

I had already used up the cardstock and none of the alphas worked with the picture (they were all orange) so I used some alpha stamps instead. I also threw in 3 veneer asterisks. The polkadot stamp is from Technique Tuesday.

/Magdalena

6 comments:

  1. you did awesome with this challenge!! i've been wanting to play along.. we'll see if I can make it! :) I love your layout, Magdalena. what a precious story captured here. few years down the road.. she will be as tall as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to play along with the challenges too. Very, very cool layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool layout. love that the cluster perfectly balances the white space. My boys run to every single puddle on the ground. Why can't they just hold our hands a little longer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying these challenges too. I love this layout. It is scary how quickly they do grow without them wishing to grow even faster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow vad snyggt!! Galet snyggt och precis min smak!

    ReplyDelete