Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 READING CHALLENGE


Here's the link to the page. Isn't this a fun challenge? I will give this a go. The classic romance novel is a no way José for me, and I won't push myself to check them all. I think it's a great way to get to read some books I would have missed otherwise. Everyone makes it what they want, and I will check more than one box from one book.
The plan is to keep you (and me!) posted throughout the year, on how it's going and what books I'm reading. I would love your input and book tips too. The 2015 reading challenge will get it's own tab on my blog, so it will be easy to follow.

If you want a few tips from me, here are some:

HELL HOUSE by Richard Matheson (1971)
This will scare you! It scared the crap out of me, and I read lots of horror. Don't say I didn't warn you. And for those of you born in 1971 you can also check the "written in the year you were born" box. 


HORNS by Joe Hill (2010)
For those of you who, like me, aren't fans of romance novels but still want to check that "love triangle" box, this is it! Funny and thought provoking. And recently filmed with Daniel Radcliff (yes, Harry Potter) as the main character.

THE STAND by Stephen King (1978)
I've read this book at least 15 times. It's so good! And do pick the extended version it's so much better. My copy has 1421 pages - you can check the first box twice! Don't let the number of pages scare you. Getting through this book is well worth it. And it was made into a mini TV-series, so there's another box checked.

THE DRAINING LAKE by Arnaldur Indridason (2004)
This is part of a series about Police Detective Erlendur, but you don't need to read the previous books to enjoy this one. It starts out in Iceland, but quickly turns into a story about Eastern Germany during the cold war. Check the foreign language and country boxes. (Unless you're from Iceland ofcourse!)

THE HEROIN DIARIES by Nikki Sixx (2007)
What is it like to be addicted to heroin? Find out while reading the memoir of Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. It's not a pretty story, but it does end well. There's a little spoiler for you. 

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN by John Ajvide Lindqvist (2004)
A vampire novel, but really a story of growing up, being bullied and finding friends. Read it!

Are you in?

/Magdalena

4 comments:

  1. i'm trying to read more and enlarge my genre of books i read, so i'm thinking a list like this would be great to push me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for this challenge. I read pretty often anyway. Horns is a great book! Have you seen the movie version with Daniel Radcliffe? Its really good.

    My book recommendation would be "The Circle by Dave Eggers".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw the movie and really liked it. Thank you so much for the book tip!

      Delete
  3. Wow. I wish I could accomplish one fourth of that list!

    ReplyDelete