Sunday, March 9, 2014

TRYING NEW THINGS

Online classes are a great way to learn new things. There are always a tip or two that sticks with me after taking a class. Something that stays in my mind without having to go back and look it up. My favorite class tip ever was from Amy Tangerine. She said to always use your favorite pieces of a kit first. Catherine Davis got me to try and use patterned paper with crazy patterns with her "Process" class. There's no way I would have used the tiniest piece of this floral paper otherwise!



I don't have a 12x12 printer, so I printed the journaling on a piece of vellum, and stapled it on. I used Prima chalk ink in Teal Damask to color the mistable thickers. At first I tried misting the thickers with Audrey Mister Huey's. That was not a good idea! The adhesive backing came right off, and I had to toss the thickers. Meaning I have no R's left now. If you're going to use mist I recommend using a paint brush on them instead. 

I have a post with another layout ready for tomorrow, so drop by again on Monday!

/Magdalena

1 comment: