Friday, December 2, 2011

DD Day 1

I actually finished the intro pages and Day 1 yesterday. I took the book with me to work to photograph it. The lighting is so much better there. Not that I'm ever home during the few hours of daylight in December anyways. I bought Ali Edwards' December Daily 6x8 Layered Templates. I was a bit nervous about it, because I really don't know how to use Photoshop, but it was dummy proof! I decided to put a full size photo with the Remember template on the inside of the cover:


I also figured out what I want to use the SMASH Calendar Pocket for. I used some Washi and a Technique Tuesday polkadot stamp to dress it up. I'm not done embellishing it. I'm waiting for my SC venéer asterisks to arrive! The photo is of my daughter baking saffron buns:

I added one of the advent calendar bags my kids opened on the First of December:

Day 1:


The journaling reads: "The day before when we were shopping for groceries DS found these little boxes with a doll and a puppy inside. He was begging me to buy them, and I finally agreed. I said they weren't allowed to play with them just yet, and they accepted this. That evening I traded what was in bag #1 for the dolls and puppies. You were both delighted (and surprised!) to find them in your calendar bags the next morning."

They really had NO clue that's where the dolls went. I love still having such small children. It won't be long before they'll be ahead of me, and the days of easy and happy surprises are gone. Enjoy the weekend, and don't forget to document the ordinary days of December.

/Magdalena

1 comment: