Monday, July 9, 2018

MIXING PROJECTS IN YOUR ALBUM

When 2018 rolled in I made a promise to myself to make at least two scrapbook layouts per month for the whole year. Before, I used to keep a separate album for layouts, but that was back when I made a ton of them. Now I just mix the layouts in with my pocket pages. I still do 8,5 x 11 pages because my printer doesn't take paper larger than A4 size. That means I need to punch new holes in the page protectors to stick them in my 9x12 albums but that's fine. 

My summer vacation started mid-June so I've had time to actually get to making those two monthly layouts. I had some catching up to do! I've used the Studio Calico Summer Of Sketches class to get me going. Pam Baldwin is so amazing at designing her layouts and I'm super inspired by her!

I haven't bought any scrap supplies for almost a year, so I've been using my stash of paper. These papers make me so nostalgic for the times that were. So many companies that's not in the business anymore. For my two March layouts I used mainly Basic Grey and Sassafras papers. 



In April we visited a brand new cousin. Our son is crazy about little babies. He never wants to leave! I love the fact that it's the same age difference between my little brother and I, as between our kids - ten years and two months.


Adding layouts to my pocket page album has several functions for me. It's a great way to add in enlargements of my favorite photos as in the layout above. I'm also able to add in more photos from the same occasion as in the bunny faces layout. A third function is to be able to add in more stories and facts than I can fit in the pockets, such as the top layout that has an interview with our daughter. 

I really like flipping through the album and being surprised by a different project or a differently designed page protector than the previous page. It brings interest and variation to my album. I also add in inserts by cutting down page protectors or adding in 6x8 pockets. The 9x12 pockets are great for adding in memorabilia that I collect throughout the year such as the kids drawings, school tests, diplomas or handwritten pages. I think it's a great idea to have those things chronologically sorted into my pocket album. 

Tomorrow I'll be sharing my June pocket pages. I hope to see you then!

/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment