Saturday, April 15, 2017

REWORKING WEEK 12

We've all been there. Trying to put a spread together that. Just. Won't. Work. It's so annoying! You move things around, do your journaling, pick your cards. Hate it. Start over. Again and again. Right?

That was my week 12. I don't even remember how many times I went back to start over, trying to move things around to see if I liked it better. I ruined a whole bunch of cards and photos and I suppose I could've just left well enough alone. It's about the memory keeping, I know! But for me it's about pretty products as well and if I don't like what I make it feels pointless. 

I finally made it work when I put all the blue tone photos on the same page and went to find cards with the same dark blue tone on them. I didn't have enough dark blue cards to let the color carry over onto the second page so I went with baby pink for that one. 


I really like the quote cards from Studio Calico. One side has color and the other side is black and white. The tiny printable is cut from a card included in this set by One Little Bird.


I had also printed a book review, another One Little Bird product, but it smudged in the printer and I couldn't make it work with the rest of the products. Instead I added a folded piece of washi tape as a pull tab and tucked it behind the book photo. 

And, if you are looking for a nonstop exciting read I recommend this trilogy by Peter May. It's a murder mystery and a relationship drama connecting the present and the past twenty years back. And you'll learn a little Gaelic, too!


I've liked and pinned lots of colorful pocket pages lately and I really love those! But what made this spread finally work for me was picking a color and going with it. There are so many talented memory keepers out there who manage to get the multicolor layout to work for them, but I'm not able to do that. I'd love to find out what the trick is, that's for sure. Just look at these pages by Catherine Davis, Kelly Noel, Nancy Damiano, Jippo and Confettiheart
Multicolored pocket pages - that's a class I'd take!

I'll have another weekly spread up tomorrow, so drop by then. 

/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment