Sunday, January 21, 2018

SO BUSY CRAFTING

Hey! It's been a while since I posted on the blog. I've been crazy busy and crafting up a storm lately. My number one priority has been to finish the projects that have a deadline. This weekend I'm wrapping up the Studio Calico documenter kit workshop for February. The kit is called Candyland, and it's been super fun to work with. Below is a sneak peek of my mainkit only project. The workshop goes live on February 1st.


During Winter Break my fifth BPC class was due for review. I'm super happy with my projects for this class, and I'm excited to be sharing them with you when the class opens up this spring.

Furthermore, I have yet to finish my 2017 December Daily, the second half of my 2017 Project Life album and the baby album I started for my niece. My Summit kit has gotten lost in the mail, so at least I feel less stressed about starting in on the 2018 Project Life album. I made a few January pages with the Candyland kit, but I want to start the month using the monthly cork piece from Summit. I have yet to contact the mail service or Studio Calico about my lost kit, but I feel confident they'll sort it out.

I'm really on the last lap with all the above projects, but for someone who isn't used to not being caught up I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed. Today is Sunday, so I hope to be able to tick a few boxes on my to-do list. Here's a couple more pages for the 2017 PL album. 

At the end of November I took my class to the Viking museum in Old Uppsala. It's where the old temple of the Viking gods was located a 1000 years ago. If you've seen the first season of Vikings you'll notice they took a few artistic liberties with the surroundings!


The week continued into December and we decorated our house for Christmas and celebrated the First Sunday of Advent. The Falala rectangle is from a digital Holidays set by In a Creative Bubble.


Throughout December I've made a weekly highlights card using a template from Paislee Press. In week 49 me and my class visited Uppsala once more. This time to see a theatre production of Bröderna Lejonhjärta (The Brothers Lionheart) by Astrid Lindgren. 


We finally had some more snow in week 50, and decorated our tree. All physical product is from the Studio Calico December kit. It had a great wintery feel. The red wood veneer stars quickly became a favorite of mine.



Week 51 was the last week of school. (I've blurred out the faces of the kids in my class.) Me and a collegue celebrated with delivery pizza and Prosecco. The basket is a present from my class. I can't believe they added two cans of diet coke. That totally cracked me up! They know me too well. I've used some digital stamps from a past Paislee Press Christmas Scrapbook kit.



Just one more week to document and 2017 is in the books!

/Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. Love your pages! I just started PL for the first time EVER this year so I am binge watching You Tube process videos and seeking out photos/blog posts about the subject; glad I found yours!
    BTW - I am also behind on my December Daily 2017... which was also my first year of doing it (so many firsts)! But I'm not worried about it, I figure I have until November 30th of this year to finish it (you know right before I have to start on 2018's Dec Daily, LOL)!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete