Sunday, December 17, 2017

DECEMBER DAILY, DAYS 9 - 14

It's time to share another batch of December Daily pages with you. Just like Project Life the best way to get things done is to do them right away. A December Daily that does not get finished before the end of January will never be finished by me.

I was going back and forth wether to share day nine on here or not, because I've had cover so much of it up. But here it is anyways, since I thought the page design could still be inspiring. I cut up some cards from the 2016 Paislee Press DD addon, and dug up some old wood veneer alphas to put this page together. The photos are taken indoors at my mom's apartment and they were dark and blurry. Shrinking them to 2x2" squares and turning them black and white was the best option. Me and my brother brought our families to my mom's to have sushi and hang out.



Day ten was the second of Advent. I took this photo as our son was lighting the second candle. The journaling talks about the importance of "being fair". The kids each get to light five candles for Advent. Nea got 1st and 4th, and Dante got 2nd and 3rd. The drama that ensues when something isn't fair is familiar to all parents I should think.



We finally put the tree up on the 11th. This day needed no journaling, so I did an all photos collage instead. I used a template from this Paislee Press December digi kit.


Yay for snow! It has been cold enough for snow during December this year, but we haven't gotten any. Today it finally snowed and snowed! The kids were delighted. Snow theme printables from the Paislee Press Merrier Elements digi kit.



On the 13th I usually document our Saint Lucia celebration but our kids didn't participate this year. They won't be part of the celebrations at school, other than being in the audience, until they're in the 5th grade. Instead I took some photos of Nea and her friend Sally walking home from school, and wrote about how much fun they have together.

I added a drawing by Nea as an insert between days 13 and 14. I love how she did the shading. She loves watching Kristina Werner do colouring on youtube, and tries to copy her work. So cute!


A friend and collegue sent me this photo on the 14th. They called from the kids' school saying my son was sick and I had to come pick him up. After I left my friend found my work shoes in the cord basket on top of the laptop cart. Talk about being tired and confused. We got a good laugh from it, but I feel like Winter Break can't come fast enough. Just four more days of work now and then we have two weeks off. I can't wait!


See you in a few days when I'll be sharing another batch of pages. We're on the home stretch now!

/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment