Thursday, June 16, 2011

My first SC layout

I've finished my first layout from the Studio Calico June kit. I was really inspired by Lisa Truesdell's "Super Three" layout. I loved the misted star with stitching around it and the peakaboo beams. I used the black cardstock and cut it up in strips. Then I cut matching strips from 4 different pps to make the beams. And yes, I DO realize it would've been easier to put the strips on top of the black cardstock rather than under it, but I like the look of this. Also misting the stars would've been easier BEFORE I cut up the cardstock... Oh well, I used the cut away black strips as masking. I also started with the beams coming up from the bottom left corner. That is why the numbers are facing that way. I then decided I liked it better with the beams shining down on the photos.
Materials not in the kit: Studio Calico wood veneer stars used as mask, October Afternoon Sprinklers in Paper doily

I also want to share the story of the photos. Me and my son bumped in to Dipsy, his all time fave Teletubbies character, at an event for kids. My son, then almost 3, thought it was "The REAL" Dipsy and he went absolutely NUTS! He was laughing and screaming hysterically and was so giddy I could barely hold him in my arms. That's is why the above photo is all blurry. Too cute!
/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment